Helping a global aviation software services company improve their IT service quality
About Our Client
Our client, a global aviation software services market leader, provides mission critical services and solutions to their clients. They operate worldwide in over 200 countries, and have over 4,000 staff.
The client had a requirement to improve their IT service quality that they deliver to their end clients. They wanted to embark on a transformation programme to ensure they meet their IT service requirements to their customers.
Our client planned to embark upon a transformation programme to ensure they met their IT service requirements to their customers present and in future.
The Business Challenges
- IT Services are currently delivered out of India with limited best practice enterprise capabilities in place
- There is a need to standardise and simplify IT service provision globally by centralising several activities
- Key functions are missing that are needed to run a global IT service Increase in levels of service quality expected due to new customer wins with higher demands
- Lack of standard way of working between Product Towers and Group Technology
- Impending IPO means greater scrutiny of performance which is linked to company value
The Harrison Solution
Step 1 – Initial Engagement & Pre-Work
- Understanding Business Drivers – Overall strategy, vision, objectives and market challenges
- Understanding Service Drivers – Performance, cost, quality and stakeholders High Level
- Current & Target Operating Model – Capabilities, services, organisation, suppliers and technology
Step 2 – Workshops & Discovery
- Target Operating Model – Production of “strawman” model to review with the client. Agile design sprints with the client to refine the design
- Frameworks – Review of the use of Best Practice frameworks that supported the TOM
- Capability – Design of all the capabilities aligned to the Best Practice frameworks and how the sit within the new model
- Organisation – Design of organisational structure that is aligned to the new model and global service requirements
- Governance – Creation of the required governance forums, artefacts and accountabilities mapped to the new org and capability model
Step 3 – Analysis & Proposal
Our team to work with the clients IT Senior Leadership Team to produce a suite of artefacts that provided the required information to inform a business case (decision).
Build not buy was selected by the client and the focus would be to train, coach and mentor existing staff where possible to assist them in moving into their new roles
The change to target needs to be rapid (1 year) to meet the demands of the business and the Lines of Business would be onboarded in a waterfall fashion
Adoption of an iterative capability journey that delivers an MVP level of maturity for the year 1 target and then maturity sprints in year 2 enable the arrival to the clients target state.
Creation of a follow-the-sun support model that ensured we operate where our customers are
- High level ITOM Design
Current to Target Model Capability diagrams and supporting detail to be able to visualise the IT Service Enterprise
- Organisation Design
Current to Target Model organisation map to set out the “people” change required to achieve the target state, supported by Role definitions. An enterprise RACI was also developed to demonstrate the Accountabilities across the IT Enterprise
- Governance Framework Model
Current to Target Model Governance owners, forums, schedules and reporting defined
- Service Alignment to Business Products
Model to show Service Grouping with Lines of Business products
- ITSM Tooling Architecture
A best of breed ITSM architecture with the clients primary ITSM tool (ServiceNow) at the heart of the design
- High Level Road Map
Multi-year roadmap supporting the clients aggressive business drivers to deliver the change that focused on bottom up tactical inflight improvement and hard hitting top down transformational change
- Delivered a high-level IT Operating Model in 8 weeks with a roadmap enabling strategic decisions to be made
- Developed the understanding with the IT Leadership Team of Enterprise IT and other IT Frameworks to establish a best fit for the client
- Introduced Best Practice Models that were “best fit” for the organisational goals of the client
- IT Operating Model that enabled the objectives to be realised and agreed across the leadership group removing the silo product thinking
- Developed a Target Operating Model that significantly improved IT services in line with the strategic goals
- Improvement in IT resource productivity with the introduction of ITIL aligned workflows and processes to ensure that the right people are working on the right thing, at the right time
- Introduced elements of Agile aligning to the desired business way of working
- Created a follow the sun support model that operated where their customers are
How Harrison can help your organisation
- We are friendly, pragmatic and reliable. We provide tailored outcomes to suit your business needs.
- We utilise all the best practice frameworks across the IT Enterprise.
- When we work with clients, we work fully across the IT lifecycle. We also look at your challenges across all the dimensions of IT capabilities.
If you need help with your IT services, Harrison are here to help. Have a quick chat with us today on 020 3667 3666 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org